Monday, February 3, 2014

Domesticated.

          So after 5 months of pregnancy I have hit my energy boost and I have decided this last week or so to use it to create routine for my life. So far it has been going pretty great which in turn has put me in one of the best moods for awhile now :). I have now created a pretty good routine for doing the dishes every night as well as folding laundry while I take it out the dryer. This prevents me from creating a giant clean laundry monster in the basket that eventually spreads across whatever room it is currently in. I know that seems so obvious but sometimes the most obvious things don't seem to just happen. I've also started figuring out a good system for making dinner!
        
         Now being Mrs. Sweeney comes with some serious shoes to fill when it comes to cooking. Unlike myself my husbands family is HUGE on cooking so in turn that is something that is expected of me. Oddly enough, coming from my family background, I managed to snag my husband due to cooking (not very well, but cooking just the same).  Tonight I am adjusting a previous recipe for chicken n' dumplings! Thanks to my wonderful sister I now have a crockpot, which there in itself has been a fun adventure.

         Now with this new routine I have been trying to create has come some new obstacles for learning to be Mrs. Sweeney. I have been doing extremely well (surprisingly so) at keeping the house continuously clean which has added a new challenge: how to gain my husbands help without nagging. Up until this point the house has generally stayed fairly dirty most of the time until I can't put it off anymore and clean it, or my husband gets so bored home alone that he cleans it. This system of ours has worked just fine to this point, but now its time to be grown ups and maintain cleanliness. Now I do the majority of the cleaning but while cleaning almost everyday now I've grown easily irritated whenever my husband leaves things out (ie. dirty cups, fast food trash, clothes etc.), I've found myself feeling a bit more like his mother than his wife. So this new challenge has got me trying to figure out: at what point do you cross the line from wife duties to mom duties? I've been trying to find the balance of this challenge.
 
        As wives we make sacrifices and take on certain maid like duties for our families. This is a role we choose when we get married, which I don't mind at all, but how do you figure out when your doing more than your share? Is there a point where it is more than your share alone or is it endless? Are we supposed to fill the position as our husbands mother when we get married? I wonder if I will ever really know. Until then I pray for wisdom in this current dilemma as well as peace to handle it the way I should. Just one more day in Learning how to be Mrs. Sweeney.


           Loving life,
                  -Mrs. Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment